Feverish speculation – and leaks – over what will appear in George Osborne’s emergency Budget tomorrow dominate the papers, so take your pick from:
- George Osborne facing budget backlash (the Guardian)
- Osborne targets banks and property investors (the Guardian)
- Demand for strike laws to curb union militancy (The Times)
- Millions in the public sector to pay more for pension (The Daily Telegraph)
- Fears that Chancellor’s cuts could foster massive rise in unemployment (The Independent)
Meanwhile, a coalition of trade unions and the National Union of Students is holding a day of action today to protest against massive cuts in further and higher education. There’s a meeting in parliament at midday and a host of protests at individual universities and colleges. Best of luck to all taking part.